Nominations for 2023 are now open!
2023 ASHOF ELIGIBILITY FOR ALL NOMINEES The mandate of the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame is to acknowledge the significant and exceptional achievements and contribution to athletics and sports within the Town of Aurora.
- A recipient must have direct connection to Aurora as defined by the following criteria:
- Was born in Aurora; OR
- Maintained residency in Aurora for 5 Consecutive years; OR
- Was raised or spent their formative years in Aurora; OR
- Achieved their athletic prominence in Aurora; OR
- Made their contributions to athletics and sports in Aurora.
The Aurora Sports Hall of Fame Board of Governors values the qualities of upstanding character and sportsmanship and reserves the right to reject nominations based on moral, criminal or ethical grounds.
2023 ASHOF CATEGORY CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS*
The athlete’s sport MUST have a corresponding Provincial/National Governing Sport Body in Canada. The nominee must have:
- demonstrated outstanding achievement in their athletic field of endeavour; OR
- brought honour and fostered pride in the Town of Aurora through their athletic achievements.
An athlete must have been out of competition in their acknowledged sports for a minimum of five years. Competition may be at the local, regional, provincial, national, international or professional level.
The Coach’s sport MUST have a corresponding Provincial/National Governing Sport Body in Canada. The nominee must have:
- made a major contribution to the development and advancement of sport locally, provincially, nationally or internationally.
- compiled an outstanding career of coaching/managing championship teams and/or athletes.
A coach must have been out of competition in their acknowledged sport for a minimum of five years or be over 50 years of age.
A nominee MUST have: Demonstrated outstanding service to the sporting community of Aurora over a period of years in sports via:
- Contribution to sport in Aurora through philanthropy and/or leadership; OR
- Having been active in any capacity serving sport, such as: trainer, media, administrator, official/referee, sports medicine, or manager; OR
- Having made a significant financial contribution to the building of sport infrastructure in the Town of Aurora.
Interested in learning more about the nomination process? Read about it here