Sports History Alive
The Aurora Sports Hall of Fame is pleased to continue offering new curriculum-linked educational programs for elementary (Grade 4-6) students for the 2018/2019 school year.
The Sports History Alive series is a selection of 60 minute, in-class, and interactive programs, designed to bring Aurora’s rich athletic history alive for elementary students and educators.
The ASHoF Mandate is to:
– Help students (in aurora) celebrate the ways in which sport culture and heritage are passed on through generations
– Inspire students of all ages to be physically literate through educational activities corresponding to the inductees of the ASHoF
Student Participants of the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Learn about the history of sport in Aurora
– Learn the story of an Aurora resident who played high level sport, and see some of the unique artifacts/photos affiliated with the sport of the featured athlete
– Participate in a physical activity related to the athlete’s sport
Educators involved in the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Be provided with a curriculum linked (social studies and physical education) program overview and a rubric for easy assessment
– Be provided with a curriculum linked follow-up activity suggestion to deepen and extend the learning opportunity
The Sports History Alive program is:
– Free, interactive and physically active
– Delivered in your gym by professional presenters
– Supported by a multi-media infused power point that includes video & graphically interesting images to explore content
– Links to the Ontario Grade 4-6 Social Studies curriculum
For more information please contact: Karen Merk, Project Manager at email@example.com
AURORA SPORTS HALL OF FAME
SPORTS HISTORY ALIVE:
Learning about Aurora’s Greats
Series Two: Exploring Hockey
For the 2018-2019 School year, the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame (ASHoF) Education Committee is pleased to deliver this program to four Aurora YRDSB/YRCDSB Schools between January 15th and March 20th, 2019.
Your students will be inspired by two outstanding presenters:
Auroran, ASHoF Honoured Member & Three Time Olympian: Mark Heese
Aurora, Women’s Hockey Champion & Day Time Co-ordinator for the Toronto Maple Leafs: Melissa Bromley
What People Are Saying:
“I am pleased to be back with the program, because I believe in it! Celebrating those who did so much for sport in Aurora has turned out to be so much fun….”
Click Here to read some of the testimonials from the schools that we have brought the SHA tour to.
Warmest thanks to our Education Sponsor Martinrea for their support of our Education program this year.