Sports History Alive
The Aurora Sports Hall of Fame is pleased to continue offering curriculum-linked educational programs for elementary (Grade 4-8) students for the 2017/2018 school year.
Sports History Alive is a 60 minute, in-class, and interactive program that is designed to bring Aurora’s rich athletic history alive for elementary students and educators.
The Sports History Alive program is:
– Free, interactive and physically active
– Delivered in class by a professional presenter
– Supported by a multi-media infused power point that includes video and images to explore content
– Linked to the Ontario Physical Education and Social Studies curriculum
Student Participants of the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Learn about the history of sport in Aurora
– Learn the story of an Aurora resident who played high level sport see some of the unique artifacts/photos affiliated with the sport of the featured athlete
– Participate in a physical activity
Educators involved in the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Be provided with a curriculum linked (social studies and physical education) program overview and a rubric for easy assessment
– Be provided with a curriculum linked follow-up activity suggestion to deepen and extend the learning opportunity
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What People Are Saying:
“Our students were so excited when Mark Heese came to our school with the Sports History Alive presentation! Mark’s presentation was very engaging and he truly inspired our students to get involved and…”
Click Here to read some of the testimonials from the schools that we have brought the SHA tour to.