Sports History Alive
The Aurora Sports Hall of Fame is pleased to continue offering curriculum-linked educational programs for elementary (Grade 4-8) students for the 2017 school year.
Sports History Alive is a 40 minute, in-class, and interactive program that is designed to bring Aurora’s rich athletic history alive for elementary students and educators.
The Sports History Alive program is:
– Free, interactive and physically active
– Delivered in class by a professional presenter
– Supported by a multi-media infused power point that includes video and images to explore content
– Linked to the Ontario Physical Education and Social Studies curriculum
Student Participants of the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Learn about the history of sport in Aurora
– Learn the story of an Aurora resident who played high level sport see some of the unique artifacts/photos affiliated with the sport of the featured athlete
– Participate in a physical activity
Educators involved in the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Be provided with a curriculum linked (social studies and physical education) program overview and a rubric for easy assessment
– Be provided with a curriculum linked follow-up activity suggestion to deepen and extend the learning opportunity
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What People Are Saying
Our students were thrilled with the Sport History Alive presentation featuring Mark Heese. Not only was Mark’s presentation identifiable and engaging, his message has truly inspired the kids at Aurora Grove Public School to get active in sports and try something new. The students found it rather interesting to learn a bit about the history of sport in Aurora and to learn about the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame. Of course, it was also pretty cool to meet an Olympian, watch him do a “dig” and to see an actual Olympic medal!
Those in attendance from the Sport History Alive organization were absolutely brilliant! Thanks for sharing your passion in sport with Aurora Grove!Aurora Grove Public School
Our students were so excited when Mark Heese came to our school with the Sports History Alive presentation! Mark’s presentation was very engaging and he truly inspired our students to get involved and try new and different experiences. He spoke to them about the importance of physical activity and made connections to our Board’s character traits. His presentation really resonated with our students. They gained a greater awareness about the history of Sport in Aurora and the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame and its significance in our community. Mark was very inspirational. Our students were thrilled to take “selfies” with a real “Olympian” and to touch an Olympic medal. Thank you for coming to our school and giving our students an amazing experience!Jane Inglis