The Nomination Process
Nominations for 2023 are now open!
This is the first step in the process of honouring our sport heroes. Thank you for your submissions.
NOMINATION PROCESS 2023
Nominations for individuals to be inducted into the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame will be accepted until 12:00pm, April 1st, 2023. Nominations will be accepted for individuals in the following categories:
To learn more on the selection criteria for each category, read here
Nomination submissions must include:
- Completion of the Nomination Form. Download the form here: ASHOF Induction Nomination Form 2023
- A narrative (typewritten, 500 word maximum) describing the achievements of the Nominee as outlined above;
- Photocopies of newspaper clippings/or other supporting non-returnable documentation.
Nomination submissions should include, where possible:
- Letters of Endorsement
- Any organization or individual may complete and submit a nomination form to the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame.
- All Nominees who are eligible but not selected for Induction to the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame in their first submission year, will be kept on file for two additional Induction Terms if required.
- The onus of verification remains the responsibility of the Nominator. Note verification of information may be sought from Nominees slated for Induction if required.
- Successful Inductees will be notified by the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame.
- Following notification, Inductees to the Aurora Sports Hall of Fame will be requested to supply additional information, including personal autobiographical information and pictures.
- Successful Inductees will be announced publicly June 2023 and celebrated openly at the Annual Induction Dinner in November 2023.