The Aurora Sports Hall of Fame is pleased to continue offering curriculum-linked educational programs for elementary (Grade 4-8) students for the 2017 school year.
Sports History Alive is a 40 minute, in-class, and interactive program that is designed to bring Aurora’s rich athletic history alive for elementary students and educators.
The Sports History Alive program is:
– Free, and interactive
– Delivered in class by a professional presenter
– Supported by a multi-media infused power point that includes video and images to explore content
– Linked to the Ontario Physical Education and Social Studies curriculum
Student Participants of the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Learn about the history of sport in Aurora
– Learn the story of an Aurora resident who played high level sport see some of the unique artifacts/photos affiliated with the sport of the featured athlete
Educators involved in the Sports History Alive presentation will:
– Be provided with a curriculum linked (social studies and physical education) program overview and a rubric for easy assessment
– Be provided with a curriculum linked follow-up activity suggestion to deepen and extend the learning opportunity
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org